What’s happening this week in the greater Springfield area? Take a look at some of our top picks!
The Harlem Globetrotters at JQH Arena (1.18):
- The Original Harlem Globetrotters are visiting JQH Arena right here in Springfield on January 18th at 7pm!
- For more info or to purchase tickets click here.
West Side Story at the Springfield Little Theatre (1.19-1.21, 1.25-1.28, 2.1-2.14):
- Don’t miss out on your chance to see West Side Story at the Springfield Little Theatre starting on January 19th!
- “This powerful, poignant, and timely musical explores the rivalry between the “American” Jets and the Puerto Rican Sharks, two teenage street gangs in New York City. Tony, best friend to the leader of the Jets, falls in love with Maria, sister to the leader of the Sharks. Their struggle to survive in a world of hate and violence weaves an innovative, heart-wrenching, and relevant tale”.
- For more information or to purchase tickets click here
417 Magazine’s Whiskey Festival (1.20):
- Warm up your winter at 417 Magazine’s 7th Annual Whiskey Festival presented by Big Whiskey’s.
- Sip on 200+ spirits, enjoy whiskey-inspired food, participate in private tastings, and learn about the art of whiskey making!
- This event benefits Care to Learn.
- Must be 21+ to attend. For more information or to purchase tickets click here
Chili Cook-Off at the Farmer’s Market of the Ozarks (1.20):
- The Farmer’s Market of the Ozarks is partnering up with the National Tiger Sanctuary to help raise money for their amazing organization!
- There will be music, local goods, and more all under the heated pavilion at Farmer’s Park this Saturday from 10am-1pm!
- Cost of admission is $5 to taste test all chili entries!