What’s going on in the area this week? Check it out:
1. Tony N’ Tina’s Wedding 2.22-2.24:
- One of the longest running shows in off Broadway history, Tony n’ Tina’s Wedding is one-of-a-kind entertainment – an immersive comedy show staged as an evening of nuptials.Together with their Italian-American families, Tony Nunzio and Valentina Vitale cordially request the honor of your presence to celebrate their holy matrimony at The Old Glass Place. Audience members are treated as welcomed guests by the interactive, improvising cast. Enjoy the side-splitting ceremony in all its tacky glory, and then join the wedding party and their bickering families for a pasta dinner at the hilarious reception. Become part of the performance as you mingle with other guests – or are they cast members? Quirky characters featuring warm and intrusive stereotypes emerge throughout the event.
As the evening unfolds, anything can happen! The only guarantee is that there will be plenty of drama all around and you and your friends will laugh about this party for years to come. Tony n’ Tina’s Wedding is a General Admission event.
- All guests will be seated on a first come, first serve basis on the day of the event. Act 1 is rowed wedding seating and Act 2 is table reception seating.
- For questions regarding seating please contact the Landers Theatre Box Office directly at (417) 869-1334.
2. 37th Annual Sertoma Chili Cook-off 2.24:
- Enjoy free chili samples from over 70 cooking teams, along with live music, and more!
- Proceeds benefit Springfield Boys & Girls Clubs.
- When and where? Saturday, Feb. 24th from 11:00am-5:00pm at the Springfield Expo Center!
- For more information on exact event times, or to purchase tickets click here.
3. 28th Annual Lawn & Garden Show 2.23-2.25:
- Head down to the Ozark Empire Fair Grounds & Event Center this weekend to enjoy the 28th Annual Lawn & Garden Show!
- Learn and improve your gardening skills through seminars, vendors, and special guests!
- Purchase tickets beforehand at Price Cutter or King Cash Saver for only $3 or purchase them at the door for $5. Kids 6 and under are free!
4. Severe Weather Expo 2.24:
- With Missouri’s ever-changing weather it’s important to be prepared and have a plan during times of severe weather, so that’s why the Battlefield Mall will be hosting the annual Severe Weather Expo!
- This expo is designed to better equip Southwest Missouri communities to prepare for the upcoming severe weather of tornadoes, severe storms, and flash flooding. National Weather Service and several other vendors will be on hand with interactive displays, important information on what to do in case of severe weather.
- The event will take place in the JC Penney East Court THIS Saturday 2/24 beginning at 10am! Admission is free!
5. Urban Sustainability Sessions: Home to Market Growing 2.24:
- Do you have a garden or might be interested in starting one? Springfield Community Gardens will be hosting an urban sustainability session this Saturday to help you maximize production in your home garden!
- Emilee Blansit and Alyssa Hughes of SCG and Urban Roots Farm will be discussing a few major gardening topics including:
- Planning for 4 seasons
- Tools and techniques for efficiency
- practices for long-term soil fertility
- Join the fun this Saturday 2/24 from 2-3:30pm at the Springfield Community Gardens.
- For more information (or to find the address) click here.