Sunscreen should be an important step in your daily routine- especially during the summer months. In addition to protecting your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays (aka reducing and/or preventing you from getting skin cancer), sunscreen also prevents painful sunburns, and premature aging of your skin. Basically, sunscreen is an all-around win.
In order to enjoy all of the benefits sunscreen has to offer you first have to choose the right one. Unfortunately, the sunscreen aisle can be pretty overwhelming. Fortunately, Consumer Reports has tested out sunscreens and put together a list of the ones you should be using this summer!
Here are some of the top sunscreens you should purchase this summer:
1. La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk ($36)
- Scoring a perfect 100 and topping the Consumer Reports list for the third year in a row, its safe to say this sunscreen is worth the $36 price tag. The formula is lightweight, fast-absorbing, and fragrance free-making it perfect for sensitive skin! You can purchase it here.
2. Equate Sport Lotion SPF 50 ($4.98)
- With a price tag under $5 and tremendous reviews, this sunscreen is worth making a trip to WalMart. You can buy it now here.
3. Trader Joe’s Spray Sunscreen SPF 50 ($6)
- With score of a perfect 100 and its citrus scent this spray sunscreen is a win!
4. Banana Boat SunComfort Continuous Spray SPF50 ($8)
- Another spray sunscreen with a high score of 96, and a spray-any-way nozzle that making it easy to cover all of those tough to reach spots! Purchase it here!
5. Up & Up Kids Sunscreen Stick SPF55 ($8 for two)
- These convenient stick sunscreens fit almost anywhere, make applying sunscreen on your face easy, and are the only stick sunscreens to score above an 80. You can buy them here!