National Avocado Day is definitely up there on the list of best holidays to celebrate. While they taste great and pair well with just about anything, the benefits of avocados are even better!
Avocados are one of the only fruits that are low in sugar and high in healthy fats, which aids in lowering cholesterol when eaten in moderation. They also contain fiber, helping keep you fuller longer and several other nutrients including vitamins B, C, and E, copper, and have a higher potassium content than bananas!
Easy Guacamole Recipe:
What you need:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1 roma tomato, finely diced
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 tea spoon salt (add more/less to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp cilantro, finely chopped (add more/less to taste)
- Cut the avocados in half, removing the pit. Scoop the avocado out of the exterior shell and place in mixing bowl.
- Add red onion, tomato, garlic cloves, cilantro, and salt. Squeeze half of a lime into the bowl. Mix to consistency of your liking.