Welcome to Greater Springfield, Realtor’s 12 Favorite Things!
(Kind of like Oprah’s Favorite Things…but without the cars)
In honor of the holidays Greater Springfield, Realtors has put together a basket of items from some of our favorite places in the Springfield area, and we want to give it to you! All you have to do is like the Greater Springfield, Realtors Facebook page (if you haven’t already), like, and share our original Facebook post to be entered to win! For a bonus entry, comment on the original post and tell us YOUR favorite place in Springfield! (Winner will be chosen on Thursday 12/21 and available to be picked up at our Springfield location on Friday 12/22!)
Below we have included brief descriptions of the places included in our giveaway and why we chose them!
- Greater Springfield, Realtors:
- Greater Springfield, REALTORS is comprised of experienced, full-time Real Estate Agents specializing in marketing and selling Residential properties throughout the Greater Springfield area. Their seasoned team of Agents offers clients a customized experience through amazing customer service, online marketing strategies and innovative approaches to today’s real estate environment. No matter what your need, GSR can’t wait to help you buy, sell or invest in today’s exciting real estate market!
- Fidelity Property Management:
- Looking for a place to rent? Look no further, Fidelity Property Management has you covered! Fidelity is a local property management company that serves the Greater Springfield area. They specialize in both campus housing and luxury rentals across the Ozarks. They’re always adding new inventory so check out their website www.fidelityproper.com to keep up with their most up-to-date inventory!
- Andy’s Frozen Custard:
- Of course Andy’s makes the list! Headquartered in Springfield, Missouri it’s safe to say this is a 417 favorite! Andy’s Frozen Custard originated in Osage Beach, Mo. but soon after their first Springfield location opened up and took the 417 by storm! Now located in 10 different states with over 50 different locations (with at least 18 of those being in Missouri and 8 being in the Greater Springfield area), Andy’s is becoming a national favorite!
- Five Pound Apparel:
- We love Five Pound Apparel over at Greater Springfield, Realtors! Another Springfield favorite, Five Pound Apparel started as a screen printing company in a college living room in 2010. Since then they have expanded to two different stores in Springfield, one in Farmer’s Park and the original location located in downtown SGF. Each brand carried in Five Pound remains firmly committed to their true principles: offering quality products that help make the world a better place. The name, Five Pound Apparel, comes from the fact that each of their branded items sold will donate 5 pounds of food to Ozarks Food Harvest (the Feeding America food bank for southwest Missouri).
- Hudson Hawk:
- Hudson Hawk is another Springfield original that makes you feel instantly cool as soon as you step into their shop. After noticing the lack of original barbershops and a lack of masculine grooming options for the men of the midwest, owners Paul Catlett and Thad Forrester brainstormed several ideas before landing on the idea of Hudson Hawk. The first shop opened up in Springfield in 2013, and since then they have opened several locations throughout Springfield and have even expanded to the Kansas City area. Hudson Hawk offers a variety of services ranging from a traditional haircut to beard grooming, and is open to all ages.
- Black Sheep:
- Black Sheep is our go-to restaurant when we’re craving a good burger. What’s even better is that Black Sheep’s own blend of Angus patties aren’t exposed to any antibiotics, hormones, or steroids and they use premium ingredients leaving you feeling good about the food you just ate. Black Sheep now has three locations including their original downtown spot, one in Chesterfield Village, and their newest location on Sunshine. Once you’re done eating we highly recommend ordering one of their shakes made with frozen custard (trust us, you won’t regret it).
- City Butcher:
- City Butcher and Barbecue was founded in 2014 with the mission of bringing authentic Central Texas barbecue to the Ozarks- and boy are we glad. City Butcher hands-down wins our vote for the best barbecue in the Springfield area. They use top quality and thoughtfully sourced meat, apply precise technique, and serve it simply and fresh. We recommend showing up early though, because once something is sold out (and it will sell out) they won’t have more until the next day!
- Askinosie Chocolate:
- Askinosie Chocolate is a small batch chocolate factory in Springfield, but make no mistake it has made a big name for itself. Askinosie has been featured in Oprah Magazine, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and more! They are a small batch, bean to bar, direct trade chocolate manufacturer, and they source their cocoa beans directly from smallholder farmers across the globe (with whom profits are shared with). Did we mention that it’s delicious?
- Got Your Six Coffee Co.
- We love coffee and we love a good company that gives back so it only makes sense that Got Your Six Coffee Co. made it on our list of favorite things. Got Your Six Coffee Co. is passionate about helping veterans and others who put their lives on the line every day to serve and protect us. A portion of all of the profits from Got Your Six Coffee go to their non-profit, the GY6 Foundation which has a primary mission to ‘serve those who serve’.
- Redneck Nutz:
- Redneck Nutz was started in Springfield in 2013 by Mary and David San Paolo. After talking to a close family member who suffers from Celiac Disease, they were surprised to discover that seasoned nuts often contained gluten and MSG. This conversation led them to the idea of making nuts a healthy option for many people again by making them an MSG-Free and Gluten-Free snack!
- London Calling:
- London Calling Gourmet Pasty Company is a taste of Britain located right here in Springfield, Missouri. Featuring award-winning handmade, hand crimped, freshly baked Pasties in a variety of traditional and exotic flavors (both sweet and savory) you’re sure to find one you’ll love!
- Early Bird Breakfast Pub:
- We recognize (and appreciate) the importance of a good breakfast, and that’s why Early Bird Breakfast Pub made it on our list of favorite places. From traditional breakfast items to items such as breakfast mac and cheese and a full-service bar, you’re sure to find something to eat that will help start your day off right.