- TAKE A DAY TRIP TO CRYSTAL BRIDGES: Located only a few hours away in Bentonville AR, this FREE museum is a great experience for all ages. The grounds and trails surrounding the museum are stunning and perfect for a family stroll, jog, or bike ride. Inside, take in all the amazing artwork and enjoy a meal at the museum cafe. Offering brunch, lunch, and dinner – shrimp & grits, chicken sandwiches, smokey soy bean falafel, salads aplenty, desserts, and appetizers – you won’t go hungry. Check their calendar; they have fun kid activities including art workshops and live music.
- OZARK EMPIRE FAIR: Open until August 4th, this family friendly event is great for rides, checking out livestock, and do I have to remind you…funnel cakes, corn dogs, lemonade, and jugs of the best root beer in all the land.
- GO CAMPING (IN THE WILDERNESS OR IN YOUR BACKYARD): You can do this anytime but may I suggest sometime between August 11th – 14th. If weather permits, the Perseid Meteor Shower should be visible these nights.
- MAKE HOMEMADE POPSICLES: These can be healthy or indulgent, but either way, your kids will love helping you make something sweet. A few fun recipes to try: Cake Batter Popsicle, Strawberry Granola Breakfast Popsicle, Strawberry Lime Popsicle.
- HEAD TO A SPRINGFIELD CARDINALS GAME: Even if you don’t have a sporty child, baseball games can be loads of fun. There’s a grassy play area, especially good for younger kids to run around. Plus, hot dogs, ice cream, nachos, peanuts and crackerjacks! Check out their schedule for HOME games.
- READ A BOOK TOGETHER AS A FAMILY: Some of my best memories are of my mom and dad reading to me. Stories can teach us so much about the human spirit, and characters can be so impactful in our development. So, get to reading! Here are a few recommendations based on age: Age 0-3, Age 4-8, Age 9-12, Age 12+.
- HANG A HAMMOCK & SWING: Sit in silence and listen to nature. Or talk about the animals or trees you see and hear. Or talk about what your child dreams of happening over the next year. Talk about how you can help those dream come true. It’s also important to talk to them about what will happen if they don’t get what they want, and how to reevaluate their goals. Be sure to discuss it at their level so they feel connected, heard, and understood.
- MAKE YOUR OWN TRAIL MIX & GO ON A HIKE: Good hikes to try for kids – Dogwood Paved Trail, Castle Trail at Ha Ha Tonka, Lost Hill Park Trail.
- TAKE A TRIP TO WONDERS OF WILDLIFE: This newly opened museum and aquarium is loads of fun for the family. You enjoy the beauty of nature, with plenty of opportunities to learn, as well.
- MOVIE IN THE PARK: On August 10th head over to the Rec-Plex soccer field in Branson (1501 Branson Hills Pkwy) to watch Cars 3. Gates open at 8:00 pm, movies begin at dusk. Concessions are available for purchase. Bring your own lawn chairs and/or blankets.
FUN ACTIVITIES TO DO BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS!!
Trackback from your site.
Leave a Reply
About our blog
Our agents write often to give you the latest insights on owning a home or property in the local area.